**Title: Where Does the World Health Organization Get Its Funding? Russell Brand Breaks it Down**
In this thought-provoking video, comedian Russell Brand delves into the funding sources of the World Health Organization (WHO) and sheds light on potential influences behind its operations. Brand highlights the words of former WHO director Margaret Chan, who explained that only 30 percent of the organization’s budget comes from predictable funds, while the remaining 70 percent relies on donations. These donations often come with preferences and agendas from the donors.
Of particular interest is the significant contribution made by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which alone accounts for 88 percent of philanthropic donations to the WHO. Brand raises questions about the potential influence of such donations, considering Bill Gates’ investments in vaccine technology and the Foundation’s involvement in the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Throughout the video, Brand emphasizes the need for transparency and accountability within the WHO, especially given its global impact. He also discusses the WHO’s initial dismissal of concerns regarding the pandemic’s origins in Wuhan, China, as well as the organization’s evolving stance on key policies.
As viewers follow the money trail, it becomes clear that financial contributions often shape decision-making and priorities. The video underscores the importance of understanding how organizations like the WHO operate, and whether their actions are driven by scientific evidence or the preferences of influential donors.
Join Briahna Joy Gray and Robby Soave in this eye-opening discussion as they analyze Russell Brand’s insights and explore the implications of funding on the WHO’s operations.
Briahna Joy Gray and Robby Soave discuss Russell Brand’s latest video on where the World Health Organization gets its funding. #WHO #russellbrand
Rising is a weekday morning show with bipartisan hosts that breaks the mold of morning TV by taking viewers inside the halls of Washington power like never before. The show leans into the day’s political cycle with cutting edge analysis from DC insiders who can predict what is going to happen. It also sets the day’s political agenda by breaking exclusive news with a team of scoop-driven reporters and demanding answers during interviews with the country’s most important political newsmakers.
Follow Rising on social media: