## **How to Raise a Series A/B Round for a Software as a Service (SaaS) Company from the CEE?**
### *Understanding what investors are looking for and the key milestones and metrics between rounds*
Founders of SaaS startups often struggle to understand what investors are looking for when raising Series A/B rounds. In this insightful video, Guillaume Fournier from Credo Ventures and Henri Tilloy from Partech Partners share their expertise on the best practices for a successful Series A/B round for SaaS companies in the Central and Eastern European (CEE) region. They provide examples from some of the hottest startups in the CEE region, including UIPath, Bitrise, and Price f(x), to highlight the aspects investors are looking for.
In this video, you will learn:
– The key differences between Series A and Series B rounds.
– The milestones and metrics that need to be achieved between the two rounds and pitfalls to avoid.
– SaaS-specific aspects that investors pay attention to.
– How the solution a company provides can impact the expected contract size.
– The metric that can allow a contract size to be higher than average.
– The importance of team building at different stages and which team is most important between Series A and B rounds.
– The culture investors expect from startups at this stage.
– The golden metrics that every investor looks for when evaluating a SaaS company.
– How a cap table should be structured.
– How investors can quickly assess if a company is ready for a Series B round.
For more insights on raising Series A/B rounds for SaaS companies in the CEE region, watch the full video [here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoID).
– [Credo Ventures](https://www.credoventures.com/)
– [Partech Partners](https://www.partechpartners.com/)
Transcript: [Full transcript of the video](source_link_to_full_transcript)
*Note: The original description has been rewritten for SEO optimization and readability. The source links provide authority and credibility to the information mentioned in the description.*
How to raise a Series A/B round for a Software as a Service (SaaS) company from the CEE?
It is hard to guess for founders what the investors are exactly looking for, when they are evaluating SaaS startups raising these rounds. To see what is the best recipe for a successful Series A/B round for such companies Guillaume Fournier from Credo Ventures and Henri Tilloy from Partech Partners share the aspects they are looking for with good examples from some of the CEE region’s hottest startups UIPath, Bitrise and Price f(x).
What you can learn in this video:
– What are the key differences between a Series A and a Series B round?
– What milestones and metrics need to be achieved between the two rounds? What are the pitfalls to avoid? Which are the SaaS specific aspects to look out for?
– Based on the solution the company provides, the expected contract size differ.
– In connection with the contract size, what is the other metric which can allow the contract size to be higher than average?
– The building of the team matters, although different stages requires building different parts of the company. Which is the most important team to address between a Series A and B round?
– What kind of culture do investors expect from a startup at this stage?
– What is the golden metrics, which every investor look into when evaluating a SaaS company?
– How should your cap table look like?
– How can an investor see after a few minutes if a company is ready for a Series B? The big difference between a Series A and Series B recipient.