Interview with Stefano Peroncini, CEO, EUREKA! Venture SGR | Engineering Energy Ecology Ethics 2022
In this video, we have an insightful interview with Stefano Peroncini, CEO of EUREKA! Venture SGR. Learn about the company’s two investment funds, their focus on technological advancements in sustainable mobility, and their efforts in driving innovation in the field. Discover the impact of materials innovation on sustainable mobility, the importance of infrastructure development, and the coexistence of various technologies in the future of transportation.
**Keywords/Tags:** 4eJacobacci, NME, JacobacciIP, mobilitasostenibile, nextmobility
– A management company currently oversees over 100 million euros in two investment funds. The first fund, known as the *Technology Transfer Fund*, invests in the best initiatives originating from the Italian scientific research field, with a specific focus on material innovations.
– The second fund, named *Black Sheep*, specializes in digital technologies, particularly software within the Mad Tech sector (marketing and advertising). It is the first fund of its kind in Europe.
– Sustainable mobility is undoubtedly one of the key trends in today’s world. This fund is directly connected to the themes we discuss, as we work with technological advancements in sustainable mobility.
– The urgency to invest in areas that can facilitate the energy transition is evident. The global transportation sector alone is responsible for a quarter of all carbon dioxide emissions, with the majority coming from personal vehicles.
– Recent actions, such as the resolution by the European Parliament, which prohibits the sale of internal combustion engine vehicles by 2035, highlight the need for innovative solutions in the transition to electric mobility.
– EUREKA! Venture SGR has invested in Novak, a startup that specializes in the development of a new generation of supercapacitors. These energy accumulators can be shaped differently and applied to various designs, such as electric cars, e-bikes, and even scooters. Their ability to charge and discharge rapidly enhances the performance of electric batteries.
– The integration of technologies within sustainable mobility goes beyond electric vehicles and autonomous driving. It requires the establishment of adequate infrastructure, including charging stations, intelligent roads capable of collecting and distributing data from vehicles, and the development of alternative technologies like hydrogen fuel cells and biofuels.
– The coexistence of multiple technologies is expected as mass electrification takes place. Retrofitting combustion engine vehicles with sustainable kits is one potential solution for heavy-duty vehicles that would require excessive battery capacity.
– Additionally, the issue of rare earth materials used in batteries poses challenges due to geopolitical reasons. Europe’s push towards banning combustion engines highlights the importance of securing alternative sources and optimizing the use of scarce resources.
For more information, please visit [EUREKA! Venture SGR](https://www.eurekaventuresgr.com/).
*Source: [Video Transcript](transcript_source_link)*
Intervista a Stefano Peroncini, CEO, EUREKA! Venture SGR per la Gallery Walk di 4e – engineering energy ecology ethics 2022.
#4eJacobacci #NME #JacobacciIP #mobilitasostenibile #nextmobility